Sunday 25 August 2013

The logo

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10659345/?claim=m5qysj3hag9">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
A few months ago I took out a book from the library that was all about Audrey Hepburn and her style. What surprised me was that I had never seen pictures of Hepburn in her old age. The latest film I watched with her in was My Fair lady, which came out in 1964. Naively the thought had never even past my mind that she would look any different because we are so used to seeing her iconic pictures from the film Breakfast at Tiffany's as her character Holly Glightly. The book had so many beautiful pictures of Hepburn looking amazing and effortlessly stylish in elegant gowns, but this one is the image that caught my attention the most. Here she is in 1988 working in Africa helping the charity UNICEF in a plain polo shirt with a small Lacoste logo. In my opinion, Audrey Hepburn was beautiful inside and out. 





Adidas t-shirt: £20
Skirt: H&m £12.99
                        

Yep alright not as beautiful and elegant as Audrey Hepburn but heey here I am. Loving this adidas T-shirt bought for me as a christmas gift. Not really a fan of the sports luxe trend, I think this may be due to the fact that I spent the majority of the three years of my dance degree in tracky pants, leggings and trainers. Having said this, this tshirt is still feminine enough with a good old polka dot. Not too sure what else to style it with so I think I might experiment with different fabrics and textures.

This second outfit features a vintage Fred Perry find. I love the retro feel of this outfit and wonder, if there was a filter on this picture would it make you question when this was pictured? I seem to be making a small collection of fred Perry items. I find the logo very subtle and elegant, just like Hepburn in her Lacoste shirt. 


Annie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...